The Errington Arms History
Tel. ++44 (0)1434 672250
HISTORY OF THE ERRINGTON ARMS
The Errington Arms has a colourful history that can be traced back to the 1750s when it
was a Coaching House. The Errington arms was aptly named after a local family from
Corbridge in the Tyne Valley and stands only a stones throw away from the 80 Roman Mile
Hadrians Wall ( 73 1/2 English Miles,or 117km) that stretches from Bowness on Solway
on the West Coast of Cumbria following the Northumbrian Countryside to the North East of
England, ending in Wallsend, Tyne and Wear.
At the beginning of the 21st Century and for many years The Errington Arms stood
empty, lonely and on the road to dereliction. Following many months of hard, painstaking
restoration, this traditional Coaching Inn has been transformed back to its full former
More recently (January 2013)the Errington has been restyled to bring a new look and feel
but still retaining its traditional features.
The Errington attracts many visitors every year from around the globe and serves as a
Public House and Restaurant offering many lagers and Real Ales along with fine cuisine
consisting of traditional favourites and continental style dishes.